Project Management Services
Planning to apply for research funding? Thinking about coordinating international and national projects? Worried about bureaucracy and red tape?
The University of Eastern Finland (UEF) offers professional project management services for the implementation phase of large international and national projects. The aim of the service is to relieve the administrative burden of the coordinators and to ease the management of the projects. The service may also be a part of the risk management of the organisations.
Projects that use the UEF project management services:
- INEXCA, Principal Investigator Professor Katri Vehviläinen-Julkunen, Deparment of Nursing Science, (Horizon 2020 / RISE programme)
- OcuTher, Principal Investigator Professor Arto Urtti, Department of Pharmacy (Horizon 2020 / ITN programme)
- PROMEQ work package 5, leader of the WP Professor Janet Anand, Department of Social Sciences (Strategic Research Funding programme)
Prezi presentation on the project management services:
The service is open for the researchers of UEF but also for other organisations in the area such as research institutions, academies and SMEs.
Representative of UEF: Further information on the project management services, see UEF intra.
Further information for representatives of other organisations:
- Funders, projects: Large international and national projects (e.g. Horizon 2020 programme). Projects coordinated by an organisation in the eastern part of Finland.
- Function: The service is a part of the UEF Development Services. Each project has a named professional project manager working in the premises of the UEF. The coordinator and the project manager work as a team and keep regular contact.
- Examples of the services: Guidance to partners, contact with the funders, communication, meetings, seminars and other events, support in financial and scientific reporting, submitting the reports, data systems, amendments, scheduling, creating and maintaining the project website etc. The services can be tailored for your needs.
- Expenses and working time: The price of the service depends on the size and nature of the project and the working time needed. The time per project is normally 30–100 % of the full working time of the project manager.
It is advantageous to describe the project management services in the work plan already at the application phase. Please contact the services already when planning the project.
Contact us and ask for more information:
Development Services, Research Services
Maija Hartikainen and Karin Koivisto