App Launcher in Heimo
An application menu familiar from smart phones and computers is used for navigating in Heimo. This menu is known as the App Launcher. The App Launcher comprises all applications and tools available in the O365 environment. In the future, UEF’s own systems such as Moodle, Prima, Trip&Expense, MOT etc. will also be introduced to the App Launcher.
Users can customise the App Launcher and add the tools and applications that are relevant for their own work. This makes all applications you use available in the same place – irrespective of your browser, computer or location.
App Launcher (click to enlarge)
Modify the menu to suit your own needs
The three sections of the App Launcher in Heimo are: HOME, NEW and ALL.
- Use HOME to collect all the apps that are important to you and modify the menu to suit your needs.
- All the recently added Heimo apps are listed in NEW. It is easy to add the apps you want to HOME as soon as they are available.
- ALL lists all the apps available in the university. Use this section to find an app you have accidentally removed before.
You can remove any apps you don’t need in HOME by unpinning them from the menu.
To remove an app from HOME:
- Move the mouse over the app to be removed and click the three dots in the upper right corner
- Choose ”Unpin from home” from the popup menu.
To add a new app
- Click the three dots
- Choose ”Pin to home” from the popup menu.
ALL lists all the apps available for the App Launcher. You can browse the available apps or search for an app by name.
- Type the app name you are looking for in the search field
- Click ”Pin to home” to add the app.