We mainly perform register-based research and clinical intervention studies. Currently, the annual number of publications is 20-30 and number of PhD thesis varies between one and three.
We have expertise in:
- Register-based research including
- Modelling of drug exposure from prescription register data
- Pre-processing and linkage of register data
- pharmacoepidemiology and drug utilization
- adverse outcomes associated with drug use
- healthcare service use and costs, including drug costs
- epidemiology of diseases related to older age
- conducting intervention studies in the aged population, special focus on
- oral health
Our research is funded by grants from foundations (such as Finnish Cultural Fund), Social Insurance Institution of Finland and Kuopio University Hospital.