The mission of the Kuopio Research Centre of Geriatric Care is to
- Provide national and international expertise on issues related to geriatric care including pharmacotherapy, rehabilitation and healthcare services
- Conduct innovative and multidisciplinary research to improve the care and quality of life of older people
- Develop and validate methods and data sources for register-based research
- Train future leaders in research, clinical practice and teaching
- Encourage collaboration between different disciplines, including clinical medicine, pharmacy, nutrition, dentistry, biostatistics and epidemiology
This will be achieved in collaboration with national and international partners.