Eligibility for the MDP in Tourism Marketing and Management (intake September 2020)
Applicants with the following degrees are eligible for the studies:
At least a 3-year Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field from a recognised university or a recognised university of applied sciences/polytechnic. You can apply also with an MBA degree if the degree gives you the eligibility to apply for university level Master´s degree studies in the country where it was granted. Even if this would not be the case you can still apply with your Bachelor’s degree. A minimum of 60 ECTS of studies in business and/or tourism business is required. At least one course in management or leadership and one course in accounting is required. Language, communication and research method studies, and internships are not included in the above-mentioned studies. However, one course in economics, one course in logistics and one course in mathematicsmay be included in the above-mentioned studies.
If you have not completed your Bachelor's degree by the application deadline you are eligible to apply. In this case, you can be admitted to the Master's degree programme on the condition that you graduate and send an officially attested copy of the degree certificate to the University no later than 7 August 2020 at 15.00 (GMT+2). If you do not submit the degree certificate to the University in time, this conditional admission will expire.
Applicants holding a provisional degree certificate may also apply for the programme. That is, the degree must be verifiably completed and the required documents of the completion of this degree must be submitted.
Applicants with a Finnish or foreign higher university degree in business administration [Master of Science (in the field of Economics and Business Administration)] are not eligible.
Applicants selected to pursue the Master´s degree may be required to take supplementary studies.
Finnish applicants with foreign Bachelor's degrees, please see also "Tutkintojen kielitaitovaatimukset": http://www.uef.fi/web/kauppatieteet/tutkinnot
Proficiency in English
The applicants are to prove their language skills in English as follows:
1. English language test:
• TOEFL Internet-based: Total Score min. 92
• IELTS (Academic): Overall Score min. 6.5
• PTE (Pearson Test of English), min. 62 points
• C1 Advanced: at least 180 (=CAE: at least C)
• C2 Proficiency: at least 180 (=CPE: at least Level C1)
Please note! Online studies or studies completed on offshore campuses outside the accepted countries cannot be used to indicate language skills, even if the degree-awarding institution is located in one of the accepted countries.
2. Or, if the applicant fulfils at least one of the following requirements, a separate language test is not required but the applicant is to prove his/her English proficiency with the applicable degree certificate and the transcript of his/her academic record:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree conducted in English language in a Nordic country (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden)
• Bachelor's or Master's degree conducted in English language in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States
• Bachelor's or Master's degree conducted in English language in an EU/EEA country
• Secondary education conducted in English language in a Nordic country (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden)
• Secondary education conducted in English language in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States
• Secondary education conducted in English language in an EU/EEA country
• English as the A1 language as part of an International Baccalaureate examination (minimum grade 2)
• Secondary education conducted in a Nordic country (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden)