| || |
1. I applied last year but I was not accepted to the programme. If I want to re-apply, do I need to send all the enclosures again?
Yes. If you want to apply again you must fill in the on-line application form and send a hard copy of it with all the attachemnts to the University Admissions Finland by the given deadline. None of the attachments can be retrieved from your previous application.
2. Will my application automatically be considered for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship or do I have to apply for that separately?
Erasmus Mundus student scholarships can only be applied during the autumn call (deadline 02 January). There are no Erasmus Mundus scholarships available during the spring call (deadline 30 April).
During the autumn call, the Erasmus Mundus scholarship can be applied with the same on-line application form that you apply to the MSc European Forestry programme.
3. In the eligibility criteria it is mentioned that I must have a BSc in forestry or related field. What is "related field"?
In order to be eligible to apply to MSc European Forestry you must have a reasonable background in forest management / forest science / forestry. You do not need to have a BSc in forestry but you must have studied forestry subjects for your degree. For example, if you have a BSc degree in Nature Conservation with a minor in forest management you are eligible to apply.
4. CAN I SEND THE RECOMMENDATION LETTERS IN THE SAME ENVELOPE WITH THE REST OF THE APPLICATION DOCUMENTS?
Yes, you can. The recommendation letters must arrive in sealed envelopes and they can be sent either directly from the referee or you can collect the letters from your referees and enclose them into your application envelope. The deadline for submitting the recommendation letters is the same as for the rest of the application.
5. IF I SEND MY PAPER APPLICATION BY USING AN EXPRESS SERVICE I MUST ADD A RECEIVER'S NAME AND TELEPHONE NUMBER. WHAT NAME AND TELEPHONE NUMBER SHOULD I USE?
The paper application must be sent to the University Admissions Finland:
University Admissions Finland
If you use a courier service, please write down University Admissions Finland’s phone number +358 (0)9 191 23528 on the courier shipping slip.
6. why are there two separate calls for student applications? when do the studies begin?
MSc European Forestry student call for applications is open during the autumns (deadline 02 January) and during the spring time (deadline 30 April). The autumn call is targeted to those who want to apply for Erasmus Mundus scholarships. The Erasmus Mundus scholarships are awarded by the European Commission and they decide upon the scholarhip beneficiaries during March.
The spring call (deadline 30 April) is targeted to those students who graduate during the spring.
The studies begin in the following August. For example, those who have applied in December 2012 and April 2013, the studies will begin in August 2013.