Department of Applied Physics (DAP) will have an alumni days for its former students and staff members on June 15-16.
Two of our research groups are hosting their 20 year anniversary and therefore the program on Saturday is reserved more on those celebrations.
You may show your interest/participation in the Facebook event!
Friday June 15
1pm - 4.30 pm Afternoon seminar at the University, SN201, Snellmania
WELCOME, head of the department, Professor Kari Lehtinen
- speeches from alumni
- COB Tapani Lahtinen, Delfin Technologies Ltd., pioneer years, medical physics
Specialist Ismo Koponen, Force Technology, Danmark, From Kuopio to Denmark via Helsinki – from academia to industry
- Senior Researcher Antti Lipponen, Finnish Meteorological Institute, From medical physics to Climate Research via Computational physics.
2pm Coffee and Cake
2.30pm current activities at DAP
- laboratory tour w/ modern teaching facilities
- HUMEA open human measurement lab, SN 2nd floor (Prof. Karjalainen)
- Biomaterial labs, SN 3rd floor (Prof. Lappalainen)
- Pharmaceutical Physics, SN 3rd floor (Prof. Lehto)
- Aerosol Physics, ME 3rd floor (Prof. Virtanen)
- Biophysics of Bone and Cartilage, ME 3rd floor (Prof. Töyräs, Korhonen, Julkunen)
- Modern Study Facilities, ME 1st floor (Univ. Researcher Heikkinen)
- Inverse Problems Research, SN205 (Prof. Vauhkonen)
After the tour a possibility to visit Process tomography lab (Technopolis). Gathering in front of SN201 @4.20pm.
6pm Evening Party @ Albatrossi
Greetings from alumni: Chairman of the Board, investor,... Anssi Lehikoinen
MENU (drink coupons at the entrance)
- Two bands
- possibility for class re-unions
At 9 pm doors open for others to enter Albatrossi.
Saturday June 16
9.00-11.30am Brunch @ M/S Queen R
Ship's Pita bread + Coffee/tea