The Master ´s thesis (30 ECTS) is completed in the chosen track (Epidemiology; Public Health Nutrition; Globe, Culture and Public Health; or Health Promotion in Nursing). You will learn to apply the basics of research, and how to be analytical. We offer courses that train you for research throughout your studies in the Master ´s programme. You will prepare your thesis under the supervision of teachers and researchers at the Institute of Public Health and Clinical Nutrition.
Here are a few examples of theses from previous years, all of which are available from the UEF Electronic Publications Service.
- Agbaje, Oluwatosin Andrew: Cardiorespiratory fitness and adiposity in relation to arterial stiffness among 9-11 year old children in Kuopio, Finland : the Physical Activity and Nutrition in Children (PANIC) study
- Adeola Oluwabukola Aregbesola: Vitamin D and incidence of dementia in the Kuopio Ischemic Heart Disease fisk factor study
- Evan Manandhar: Oral health care utilization among immigrants residing in Finland
- Jetri Regmi: Socio-cultural influences on vaccination: vaccinators' perspective, study from Nepal
- Riikka Perasto: Family socioeconomic background and children\'s physical activity - parental perceptions of children\'s physical activity: a descriptive study based on the Hälsoverkstaden study
- Ruth Stephen: Association between physical activity and Alzheimer\'s disease
- Tawni Jaakola: Breastfeeding support across different socio-demographic groups of society : a study from Minnesota