Doctoral Conferment Ceremonies of the University of Eastern Finland
The Doctoral Conferment Ceremony is a way for the University of Eastern Finland to show its appreciation for persons who have completed a doctoral degree. For doctorate holders, on the other hand, the Ceremony is an opportunity to celebrate their academic achievements. In the Doctoral Conferment Ceremonies also honorary doctorates are conferred upon scientifically or socially distinguished persons representing the university's disciplines.
In the Doctoral Conferment Ceremony the doctors get the right to carry the doctoral regalia, which at the University of Eastern Finland comprise the doctoral hat, the doctoral emblem used by all doctors, and the doctoral diploma. In addition to the actual Doctoral Conferment Ceremony, the three-day festivities include a procession, ecumenical thanksgiving service, banquet and ball as well as Saturday excursion with lunch.
- University of Eastern Finland will confer 13 honorary doctorates in 2020 (20.01.2020)
- E. R. Wahlman in Kuopio 15-16.1.2020 and partners in Finland and abroad (13.01.2020)
- Melanders Hattfabrik visits Kuopio on 22 January for hat orders (13.01.2020)
- Schedule for dance rehearsals in Kuopio published (11.11.2019)
- Hat manufacturers will visit the Kuopio Campus (15.10.2019)
- Invitation to the Conferment Ceremony of the University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio Campus, 4-6 June 2020 (24.09.2019)
- Registration for the Conferment Ceremony open for young doctors (11.09.2019)
- Conferment Organising Committee for the Kuopio Campus (13.08.2019)