Doctoral Conferment Ceremonies of the University of Eastern Finland
The Doctoral Conferment Ceremony is a way for the University of Eastern Finland to show its appreciation for persons who have completed a doctoral degree. For doctorate holders, on the other hand, the Ceremony is an opportunity to celebrate their academic achievements. In the Doctoral Conferment Ceremonies also honorary doctorates are conferred upon scientifically or socially distinguished persons representing the university's disciplines.
In the Doctoral Conferment Ceremony the doctors get the right to carry the doctoral regalia, which at the University of Eastern Finland comprise the doctoral hat, the doctoral emblem used by all doctors, and the doctoral diploma. In addition to the actual Doctoral Conferment Ceremony, the three-day festivities include a concert, procession, ecumenical thanksgiving service, banquet and ball as well as Saturday excursion with lunch.
- Dance rehearsals were started - welcome along! (28.01.2019)
- Short-term child care services in Joensuu (18.01.2019)
- Wahlman's measuring day postponed to 30.1.2019 (16.01.2019)
- Dance rehearsals start in January (08.01.2019)
- University of Eastern Finland will confer 12 Honorary Doctorates in June (10.12.2018)
- Invitation to the Doctoral Conferment Ceremony of the University of Eastern Finland, 6-8 June 2019 (14.11.2018)
- Contract hotel prices available for participants of the Conferment Ceremony (14.11.2018)
- Honorary Doctor from 2009 returns to Joensuu (14.11.2018)