Albeit the function of an optical micro and nanostructure can be numerically modeled, its performance must be verified optically. Our well equipped optical laboratories serves for this purpose.
In the optical laboratories there are various laser and LED light sources for different applications. Light properties can be modified by lenses, beam splitters and polarizing components. Light properties can be analysed using different interferometric setups, spectrometers, light detectors and cameras.
Most important optical laboratory tools include:
- Woollam VASE ellipsometer (in the Department of chemistry)
- Perkin Elmer spectrophotometers
- Solartron 1260A impedance analyzer
- KSV Instruments contact angle meter
- Toptica spectrum analyzer
Further information: Pertti Pääkkönen