Department of Neurology
The Department of Neurology at Kuopio Campus is a research center with experience in basic and clinical neurosciences.
The network is coordinated by the University of Eastern Finland, which has set up a working group to prepare the establishment, operating model, activities and piloting of the Finnish Centre for Neurosciences. The working group is chaired by professor Hilkka Soininen.
- ALSOVA - A 5-Year Alzheimer's Disease Follow-Up Study
- Biomarkers for Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Brain Research Unit - Clinical Drug Research
- Cerebrovascular Disorders and Stroke Recovery
- Clinical Alzheimer Research
- Clinical Epileptology
- Epidemiology and Risk Factors of Alzheimer's Disease
- FinFTD - Finnish FTD Research Network
- Frontotemporal Lobar Degeneration and Early Onset Dementia
- Molecular Genetics of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
Neurology in Numbers:
(Pages in finnish)