RefWorks (new version)
RefWorks is an online, browser based reference management software. You can import your search results from UEF-Primo, Scopus, Web of Science, PubMed and other important databases directly into RefWorks. It is also possible to enter references manually. In RefWorks, you can view the availability information of full text articles corresponding to each reference in the online and printed journals of the University of Eastern Finland Library. Click the reference and then "Full text availability at UEF."
References added in the RefWorks can be searched and printed out normally. You can also insert references in a manuscript you are preparing and then print out your finished text with citations and bibliography in a style of your choice. MS Word or Google Docs program is needed for reference insertion and bibliography management. Install the necessary add-in either from Software Center (UEF computer, Write-N-Cite, MS Word only) or from RefWorks (home computer) by first clicking "Tools" on the icon banner and then selecting "Tools." After Tools page has opened, choose either "Cite in Microsoft Word" or "Cite in Google Docs."
The University of Eastern Finland Library has acquired a campus licence of RefWorks for students and staff. The licence allows you to use RefWorks even after your studies or employment in the University of Eastern Finland have ended, as long as the University of Eastern Finland Library has a valid subscription to RefWorks. Use for commercial and business purposes is prohibited.
How to start
- Go to the new RefWorks login page at: https://refworks.proquest.com/. The program works best with either Firefox or Chrome.
- Click "Create account."
- Enter your UEF or KUH (KYS) e-mail address (ending with student.uef.fi, uef.fi or kuh.fi). This e-mail address is your new RefWorks username.
- Click "Check."
- Enter a password of your choice for RefWorks. It is not necessary to enter your UEF or KUH e-mail password. We advise to use different password for information security reasons.
- Login to your UEF or KUH e-mail, open message from RefWorks and finish the account creation by clicking a link in the message. If you cannot see the message, check your junk mail folder.
Please take the following issues into account when using new RefWorks:
- Direct export from Scopus, Web of Science and EBSCOhost databases (e.g. Cinahl, SocINDEX, PsycINFO) to RefWorks does not always work via remote access e.g. from home computer. You can save the references on a file and import it to RefWorks according to these instructions.
- If you already have an Legacy RefWorks account, you may import its content (references, folders, your own citation styles) into new RefWorks easily. Log on to your new RefWorks account. Click plus sign on top of the screen and select Import references. When you see text "Import from another reference manager", click Legacy RefWorks. Then click Authorize, log on to your Legacy RefWorks account and wait until the import is finished. Your Legacy RefWorks account remains unchanged.
- You can use either the new RefWorks or the Legacy RefWorks to manipulate citations in one and the same document, not both versions.
- Introduction to new RefWorks
- RefWorks video tutorials
- Write-N-Cite quick guide
- How to customize a citation style
login to refworks
For more information
tel. 0294 45 8191
tel. 0294 45 8355
Feedback will be processed daily. Easily fixed issues will be solved immediately if they are essential to the service and in accordance with the operating policy. All feedback will be processed in the relevant services. If necessary, feedback will also be processed in the library’s working groups. Feedback and the changes prompted by feedback will be processed annually by the management group in the management review.