The symposium is held at the University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio campus, Mediteknia auditorium MD100. The auditorium is right next to the lake Kallavesi.
- University of Eastern Finland
- Mediteknia auditorium, street address: Yliopistonranta 1
There are pre-booked rooms for the symposium participants at the Sokos Hotel Puijonsarvi. The hotel is in a beaufitul location in the center of the city and close to the lake. Book your room at the Sokos Hotel Puijonsarvi by 12 May 2018 using the code INEXCA.
- Sokos Hotel Puijonsarvi
- Room rates:
single room 100 € / night
double room 120 € / night
There is free WLAN available at the symposium.
Travel to and within Kuopio
Finland is easily reached from all parts of the world. You can reach Kuopio from the Helsinki airport in just over four hours. We encourage you to use this environmentally friendly option! It is easy to move around in Kuopio by foot, bus or taxi. The symposium venue is 2,5 km from the center of the city (30 minutes walking distance).
- Finnish Railways VR
- Kuopio airport
- Kuopio airport taxi (fixed price 22 € one-way between airport and city center)
- Kuopio taxi number: 0200 30 300
- Kuopio region public transport (regular busses between city center and symposium venue)
In June, the temperature is about 10 - 20 degrees Celcius / 50 - 70 degrees Farenheit. Remember the midnight sun, the sun sets at 11 pm to rise again at 3 am!
Kuopio Dance Festival
There is a magnificent dance festival in Kuopio at the time of the symposium. Kuopio Dance Festival presents the new trends in the world of dance. The festival week consists of about 100 different proposal, dance courses, open-air event, artist interviews, square dances and other auxiliary programs.
Information for Visitors
- Tourism Kuopio & Kuopio Guide (Discovering Finland)
- Information on the City of Kuopio (Kuopio-Tahko)
- Kuopio - A Lakeland Harbour Town (Visit Finland)