The symposium is held at the University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio campus, Mediteknia auditorium. The auditorium is right next to the lake Kallavesi. The venue is 2,5 km from the center of the city (30 minutes walking distance).
- University of Eastern Finland
- Mediteknia auditorium, street address: Yliopistonranta 1, see location on Google maps
Finland is easily reached from all parts of the world. You can reach Kuopio from the Helsinki airport in just over four hours. We encourage you to use this environmentally friendly option!
There are pre-booked rooms at the Sokos Hotel Puijonsarvi. The hotel is in a beaufitul location in the center of the city and close to the lake. Details about the accommodation will be provided soon!
Information, Attractions, Events and Other Information for Visitors
Luckily there is a magnificent dance festival in Kuopio at the time of the symposium. Kuopio Dance Festival presents the new trends in the world of dance. The festival week consists of about 100 different proposal, dance courses, open-air event, artist interviews, square dances and other auxiliary programs.
- Kuopio Dance Festival 13 - 19 June 2018
- Tourism Kuopio & Kuopio Guide (Discovering Finland)
- Information on the City of Kuopio (Kuopio-Tahko)
- Kuopio - A Lakeland Harbour Town (Visit Finland)