International Master's Degree Programme in Information Technology
- High-quality education, internationally accepted diploma
- State-of-the-art learning and research environment
- Easy living in a safe but international environment
- Generous tuition fee waivers and living cost allowances available
- Possibilities for exchange studies and internships at companies
- Good employment perspectives
- The prerequisite is BSc level education with a background in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communications Engineering or in a closely related field.
- The language of instruction is English.
- IMPIT programme is offered at the University of Eastern Finland (Joensuu campus).
We co-operate actively with local IT companies and local business incubator, and have had student projects for an example with Olympus and Pelican Imaging. Some of these companies offer internships and thesis placements and many of our students find a job even before the graduation. Representatives of companies visit our IMPIT seminar every year giving students an excellent possibility to pitch themselves to the companies.
We offer a highly multicultural learning and research environment with lots of exchange possibilities during the second year. Our research groups have good connections to companies and research institutions and early integration to our research groups is a huge benefit for your future career. Examples of occupational titles of IMPIT graduates are for an example Senior Software Engineer, Quality Assurance Manager, Senior Specialist, Senior Software Consultant, Business Analyst and, Senior Designer, Chief Technical Officer and IT developer.
You can also have lots of interesting experiences through the social activities during your IMPIT studies. There are summer schools, visits to companies, and annual trips (to Lapland, Stockholm, St. Petersburg..) and various other events organized by student union and erasmus student network.
"Besides the study plan which is a very serious and students tend to study a lot, get good grades , and plan for the future research, internships, or projects, there are a ton of activities that students are doing during each semester. Every year there are large events that attract a huge portion of people to come to Joensuu. For example, Ilosaarirock, Joensuu Music Winter, Festival of Visual Culture Viscult, and Gospel festivals. There are excellent opportunities for sport in Joensuu. For instance volleyball, basketball, football, swimming, fishing, horse riding, gyms, skiing and skating, bowling, tennis, squash, badminton, indoor climbing, table tennis, minigolf, billiards and so on."
Shahram Eivazi, IMPIT graduate.