Development of research activities
The research activities of the University of Eastern Finland strive to ensure that:
1. Research at the UEF is of high international standard.
2. Postgraduate education at the UEF is of high level and the university's research careers are attractive.
3. The research environment is modern and meets high standards.
4. Research funding at the UEF rests on a solid base.
The development of the university's research activities is the responsibility of the Academic Rector, assisted by the university's Research Council.
Adherence to good scientific practice is the responsibility of the entire university staff. The university observes good scientific practice in its research activities and follows the guidelines given by the National Advisory Board on Research Ethics.
The university evaluates its research activities through self-assessments completed every year as well as through international peer reviews carried out at regular intervals.
Research evaluation reports commissioned by the University of Eastern Finland
Research Assessment of the University of Eastern Finland performed in 2013
Research Assessment of the University of Kuopio performed in 2007-2008
Research Assessment of the University of Joensuu in 2008
- Evaluation Report, Biosciences, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics (PDF)
- Evaluation Report, Departments of Education and Psychology (PDF)
- Evaluation Report, Faculty of Forest Sciences (PDF)
- Evaluation Report, Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Theology (PDF)
- Evaluation Report, Faculty of Law, Economics and Business Administration (PDF)
- Evaluation Report, Faculty of Social Sciences and Regional Studies, Karelian Institute (PDF)
Research Evaluations of the Academy of Finland
The university takes part in the discipline-specific research evaluations carried out by the Academy of Finland.