Impaired movement control may result in chronic lower back pain. A new study from the University of Eastern Finland shows that the combination of manual therapy and exercise is an excellent way to combat movement control impairment in the lower back.
SMART SCIENCE BY SMART PEOPLE
At UEF, interdisciplinarity is not something we do, it's who we are. We seek to be number one in Finland when it comes to academic learning environments. We offer first-class education that is bound to make a difference.
UEF // VIDEOS
UEF // NEWS
- Personalised physical therapy brings relief for lower back pain (16.02.2017)
- Battle history finds meanings in hindsight (16.02.2017)
- Professor Piia Björn selected as Vice Chair of Fulbright Center Board (16.02.2017)
- Postmenopausal hormone therapy exceeding ten years may protect from dementia (15.02.2017)
- Meet Helsinki Challenge semifinalist teams at Pitch Nights on February 22 & 23 (15.02.2017)
UEF // Events
- 17 Feb Dissertation, M.Sc. (Econ Bus.Adm.) Ilpo Pohjola, Service management, Joensuu
- 17 Feb Dissertation, FM Àgnes Németh, Human geography, Joensuu
- 17 Feb Dissertation MA Kati Turkama, English language and translation, Joensuu
- 20 Feb Dissertation, MSc Oksana Skaldina (Environmental Science), Kuopio
- 24 Feb Guest lecture: Deputy Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands Özlem Canel: EU 2.0 - today’s challenges and tomorrow’s solutions, Kuopio