Benzodiazepine and related drug use is associated with a 40 per cent increase in mortality among persons with Alzheimer’s disease, according to a new study from the University of Eastern Finland. The findings were published in the International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry.
SMART SCIENCE BY SMART PEOPLE
At UEF, interdisciplinarity is not something we do, it's who we are. We seek to be number one in Finland when it comes to academic learning environments. We offer first-class education that is bound to make a difference.
UEF // VIDEOS
UEF // NEWS
- Fulbright Finland and University of Eastern Finland celebrate 30 years of collaboration (22.11.2017)
- Academy of Finland grants funding for development of medical imaging applications of nanoporous silicon (22.11.2017)
- Exosome researcher wins Saastamoinen Foundation's Anitta Etula Special Grant (20.11.2017)
- Benzodiazepines increase mortality in persons with Alzheimer’s disease (20.11.2017)
- Frictionless collaboration (17.11.2017)
UEF // Events
- 24 Nov Dissertation Oyetade Daniel Oyewunmi, LL.M.,European Law, Joensuu
- 24 Nov Dissertation, M.Sc. Laura Mononen, Geography, Joensuu
- 24 Nov Dissertation, MSc Marwan Albahar (Computer Science), Kuopio
- 27-28 Nov Conference: Perception of Russia in Contemporary World: Memory, Identity, Conflicts, Joensuu
- 28-30 Nov Conference on Non-Timber Forest Products and Bioeconomy, Rovaniemi