EDTECH // News
- Upcoming doctoral defense in the edTech group
- edTech and interactive technologies research seminar, December 19, 2017
- Invited speaker - Dr. Kenneth Kahn, University of Oxford
- edTech and interactive technologies research seminar, November 2, 2017
- Seminar and PhD defence - edTech
- New doctoral students join the edTech research group
- Several articles from the edTech group accepted to the AFRICON 2017 conference
- Dr. Calkin Suero Montero JUFO 3 Publication
- Seminar on Human Language Technology and Emotion Analysis, April 11, 2017
- Public examination of doctoral dissertation, Myriam Douce Munezero, April 12th at 12 noon.
- edTech & interactive technologies research seminar, March 3, 2017
- eCraft2Learn H2020 Started
- edTech & interactive technologies research seminar, January 9, 2017
- edTech & interactive technologies research seminar, December 2, 2016
- New doctoral students join the edTech group in September 2016
- Several journal articles published by doctoral students and researchers of edTech group
- edTech & interactive technologies research seminar, April 12, 2016
- FinCEAL+ Travel Grant to Nasibu Rajabu Mramba
- edTech & interactive technologies research seminar, March 16, 2016
- New doctoral students join the edTech research group in January 2016
EDTECH // Transforming Strengths into Realities...
The edTech research group at the School of Computing, University of Eastern Finland, designs, carries out research and develops solutions for learning and development in a digitalized society. Our research involves studies of tools and models for computational thinking, digitalization, computing education and human language technologies, as well as inventing digital solutions for tackling societal challenges together with learners, teachers, companies, parents and other stakeholders.
Our R&D projects have been funded by prominent governmental, academic and commercial organizations such as the Academy of Finland, the European Commission, the European Social Fund, the National Technology Agency of Finland, and Finland's Slot Machine Association.
An important aspect of our research activities is the IMPDET online doctoral study programme, which provides doctoral training around the globe. We have also launched a doctoral training hub at the College of Business Education in Tanzania for providing local support and guidance to edTech doctoral students based in Tanzania.
edTech in numbers - November 2017
|Doctoral students (18 different nationalities)|| |
|Doctoral graduates (2005 onwards)||20|
|R&D projects (2006 onwards)||22|
|Total amount of external funding||> 7 M€|
|Publications (2001-current)||> 370|