EDTECH // News
- Several articles from the edTech group accepted to the AFRICON 2017 conference
- Dr. Calkin Suero Montero JUFO 3 Publication
- Seminar on Human Language Technology and Emotion Analysis, April 11, 2017
- Public examination of doctoral dissertation, Myriam Douce Munezero, April 12th at 12 noon.
- edTech & interactive technologies research seminar, March 3, 2017
- eCraft2Learn H2020 Started
- edTech & interactive technologies research seminar, January 9, 2017
- edTech & interactive technologies research seminar, December 2, 2016
- New doctoral students join the edTech group in September 2016
- Several journal articles published by doctoral students and researchers of edTech group
- edTech & interactive technologies research seminar, April 12, 2016
- FinCEAL+ Travel Grant to Nasibu Rajabu Mramba
- edTech & interactive technologies research seminar, March 16, 2016
- New doctoral students join the edTech research group in January 2016
EDTECH // Transforming Strengths into Realities...
Welcome to the website of the edTech research group at the School of Computing, University of Eastern Finland. We develop fresh technological solutions in order to bridge various kinds of learning gaps. These include learning gaps caused by physical distances, time constraints, limited learning resources, mental or physical disabilities, and cultural differences, to name but a few. In our R&D work, we use existing technologies in novel and unconventional ways. Our research also involves inventing educational computing innovations in order to tackle real-life challenges together with learners, teachers, companies, parents and other stakeholders.
Our R&D projects have been funded by prominent govermental, academic and commercial organisation such as Academy of Finland, the European Comission, the European Social Fund, the National Technology Agency of Finland, Finland's Slot Machine Association and Assa Abloy Ltd.
An important part of our wok is to run an online doctoral study programme, IMPDET-LE, in educational technology and ICT for development. The programme has about 40 doctoral students in Computer Science and Education distributed around the world. The edTech research group has also launched a doctoral training hub at College of Business Education in Tanzania to provide local support to doctoral students based in Tanzania.
We are actively seeking for new collaborators to join our initiatives and projects. Join us in the endeavour of bridging the learning gaps!
edTech in numbers - April 2017
|Number of senior researchers||5|
|Number of PhD students (18 different nationalities)|| |
|Number of PhD graduates (2005 onwards)||18|
|R&D projects (2006 onwards)||20|
|Total amount of external funding||> 6.5 M€|
|Publications (2001-2016)||> 350|