- SummerSchool, August 13-24, registration deadline on 15.8
- Speech Technology Summer Research Seminar on 4.6
- Scientific Writing Skills, 11-13.6
- Lecture by Prof. Adam Herout, "Fully Automatic Traffic Surveillance", May 30
- Apply for TUT-UEF MSc double degree program - deadline 10.8.
- Short Course: Selected Topics in Data Science, 2 ECTS, June 4-8
- UEF students participate in international robotics tournament
- Brainstorming for dust-free space suits and Martian composts
- New Epic Challenge course starts with lectures by Astronaut Charles Camarda
- Welcome to Seminar for Doctoral Students and Their Supervisors on April 5 – 6, 2018
- Come to meet Arbonaut, CGI and Sensire on Wed 28.2 at 14.00
- Hae kv-tuutoriksi - haun deadline 23.2
- Doctoral defence of Solomon Sunday Oyelere on 19.1.2018
- Doctoral defence of Richard W. Tortorella on 12.1.2018
- Postdoctoral Researcher and Project Researcher positions open in machine learning research group
- Research seminar by Prof. Tuomas Virtanen, Tampere University of Technology on 18.12.2017
- Doctoral defence of Aleksandr Sizov on 18.12.2017
- Three Postdoctoral Researcher/Project Researcher vacancies open in speech processing and deep learning
- Doctoral defence of Marwan Albahar on 24.11.2017
- Doctoral defence of Rosa González Hautamäki on 16.11.2017
PhD Studies in Computer Science
Doctoral-level education in the School of Computing (ECSE) offers doctoral students high level systematic research training and give a deep insight in to the specific research area chosen by the student. The research focus areas of the School are
- Intelligent Media Computing
- Technologies for Learning and Development
We belong to Doctoral Programme in Science, Technology and Computing.
As a part of ECSE, IMPDET study program offers online PhD-studies in technologies for education and development. Please visit the pages research areas and research groups at the School of Computing.
Most students are involved in the School's teaching activities, or collaborate in projects closely with Finnish and international companies. A versatile, rich and stimulating learning envisonment with world-class supervisors in their own research fields in an excellent starting point for an international R&D career. After graduation the students will have good capabilities to adjust to the demanding requirements of research and industry of the future. Besides the academic skills, a PhD degree in Computer Science gives a broad professional and leadership competence.