Doctoral Programme in Law
The Doctoral Programme in Law of the UEF offers high-standard and interdisciplinary oriented doctoral studies that prepare doctoral students for both academic research career as well as various legal expert tasks in working life. The Doctoral Programme in Law offers the following degrees: Doctor of Law and Doctor of Philosophy. The programme is available in English for both international and Finnish postgraduate students.
UEF Law School’s strategic research areas cover climate, energy and environmental law; empirical legal research; and legal research focusing on welfare related issues. In addition to these research areas, doctoral students can pursue doctoral degree in other disciplines, such as criminal law, administrative law and commercial law.
Current information concerning doctoral studies is available in Yammer.
The Faculty of Social Sciences and Business Studies do not invite applications for doctoral student positions in spring 2018. Information on the next application period will be announced in spring 2019.
- International climate change study benefits from research method developed at UEF
- Effectiveness of multilateral climate agreements in focus in Joensuu
- EIA law re-design selected as Academy of Finland's key project
- UEF presented awards to accomplished young researchers
- University of Eastern Finland involved in six Strategic Research Council consortia
- Permits of exception and decisions concerning the need for planning in the Finnish system of planning and building law
- The legal effectiveness of the river basin management plan
- Governmental Security Strategy as a Shaper of Legislation
- Support for large-scale renewables: A new approach for Australia
- The legal basis of nitrogen removal from urban wastewater in environmental permitting