Doctoral Programme in Law
The Doctoral Programme in Law of the UEF offers high-standard and interdisciplinary oriented doctoral studies that prepare doctoral students for both academic research career as well as various legal expert tasks in working life. The Doctoral Programme in Law offers the following degrees: Doctor of Law and Doctor of Philosophy. The programme is available in English for both international and Finnish postgraduate students.
UEF Law School’s strategic research areas cover climate, energy and environmental law; empirical legal research; and legal research focusing on welfare related issues. In addition to these research areas, doctoral students can pursue doctoral degree in other disciplines, such as criminal law, administrative law and commercial law.
Current information concerning doctoral studies is available in Yammer.
UEF Law School's Doctoral Seminar 2019
UEF Law School's doctoral seminar will be held on 22nd–24th of May at Joensuu campus.
This year the seminar will be in two parts: 1) seminar for doctoral students and 2) National conference on empirical legal research. You can choose if you wish to attend both or just one of them. Both parts will include general plenaries provided by professors or invited speakers (one of them in English). In regard to students’ papers, we will organize English-speaking groups for our non-Finnish students. Working language of various sessions is indicated in the programme. We encourage you to attend both parts, with or without a presentation. Welcome!
For more information, registration and the programme
Doctoral student positions
- UEF launches joint Master's degree programme in environmental law with the Universities of Uppsala and Tromsø
- New research questions fish stocking obligations
- International climate change study benefits from research method developed at UEF
- Effectiveness of multilateral climate agreements in focus in Joensuu
- EIA law re-design selected as Academy of Finland's key project
- Greening of agricultural subsidies – Environmental requirements for area-based farm subsidies and the related system for controls and sanctions
- EU-Russia Natural Gas Trade: An Investigation into the Need for Regulatory Reform Following Russia's WTO Accession
- A study of a good tax system and national income taxing right engaging in business activity in Finland
- Custos publicus gladium frustra non fert – An Empirical Study on the Police’s Use of Force and their Encounters of Violence
- The energy transition challenges traditional legal approaches to security of supply