News and Events
The main communication channel for the Doctoral Programme in Drug Research is the Doctoral Programme in Drug Research Yammer group. In addition, it is a good idea for PhD students to follow at least the following Yammer groups:
- TT Tutkimus//Research
- Tohtorinkoulutus//Doctoral education
- UEF Tutkimusrahoitus//UEF Research Funding
Join Yammer to keep posted!
The Faculty of Health Sciences' seminars take place on Thursdays at 3 pm and they are are open to all.
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES // SEMINARS
- 18 Jan Faculty of Health Sciences seminar // Kirsi Ketola: Therapy-induced neuroendocrine transdifferentiation in advanced prostate cancer, Kuopio
- 25 Jan Faculty of Health Sciences seminar // Kirsi Vähäkangas: Developmental origin of diseases, Kuopio
- 1 Feb Research day – BIG DATA, Kuopio
- 8 Feb Frontiers in Health Sciences seminar // Marianne Juhler: Imbalance in brain fluids – what we know now and what we should study next? Kuopio
- 22 Feb Faculty of Health Sciences seminar // Sirpa Hartikainen: Medication use among persons with Alzheimer’s Disease - risks for adverse events?, Kuopio
- 1 March Frontiers in Health Sciences seminar // Mathias Hoehn: Functional connectivity studies after brain diseases, Kuopio
- 12 April Faculty of Health Sciences seminar // Jarmo Saarti: Open science, Kuopio
- 19 April Faculty of Health Sciences seminar // Carsten Marr: Computational biomedicine, Kuopio
- 26 Apr Faculty of Health Sciences seminar // Kristiina Huttunen: How to Improve Brain Delivery of Neuroprotective Agents? Kuopio
- 24 May Frontiers in Health Sciences seminar // Søren Brage: Physical activity, sedentary behavior and health in children and adolescents, Kuopio
Seminar series of the Faculty of Health Sciences
The Faculty of Health Sciences' seminars take place on Thursdays at 3 pm and they are are open to all. Please find below short descriptions of the seminar series. By scrolling down the page you will find a list of upcoming seminars and course instructions for PhD students.
Frontiers in Health Sciences
|World known experts in the field of health sciences will talk about their research and findings. These seminars take place on the first Thursday of each month.|
Awarded Young Scientists
Gives awarded young post doc researchers of the Faculty of Health Sciences possibility to give a speech on their subject.
Guest Speaker seminars
Guest speakers of the Faculty of Health Sciences and their open lectures.
School of Pharmacy
Lectures on actual topics from the field of pharmacy and toxicology. These seminars take place on the last Thursday of each month.
|PhD Student seminars|| |
PhD students have the opportunity to present their research for the faculty staff and students, and gain experience in giving scientific talks.
Courses relating to the seminars
Seminars in Health Sciences (PhD student course)
The name of the seminar course aimed at doctoral students is Seminars in Health Sciences (PhD student course). To complete the course, students are required to participate in at least 10 seminars and to write one essay (1 credit). A student can also choose to give a 30-minute seminar talk in the PhD Student seminar series, for which the student will be awarded an additional credit. Registration to give a talk takes place via an electronic form.
Students register for the course in WebOodi, and the written assignment is returned via Moodle. Students are required to fill in an attendance follow-up form, which will be signed by the seminar host after each seminar. All seminars in the Seminars in Health Sciences series can be included in this course.
- WebOodi: 4018106 Seminars in health sciences (PhD student course), 1-2 cp
- Moodle: Seminars in Health Sciences, PhD student course
- Electronic form: Registration as a talk giver in the seminar series
- Attendance follow-up form
Pharmacy Research Seminars
The School of Pharmacy research seminars and other seminars organised by the faculty are included in the Pharmacy Research Seminars course.
Seminars on Molecular Health Sciences
A seminar course organised annually for students of biomedicine. All seminars in the Seminars in Health Sciences series can be included in this course. The contact persons are Kaisa Paldanius and Juha Savinainen.