List of Master's degree programmes by application period
For students having completed a Bachelor's degree, the University of Eastern Finland offers a wide variety of Master's degree programmes taught in English. Most of the programmes offer courses that are also open to exchange and visiting students. Browse through these pages to learn more about what we offer!
Master's degree programmes
The application period for September 2018 intake has closed. Next application period will begin in November 2018. Admission requirements for 2018 intake are now published on studyinfo.fi portal and on the programme websites. New admission requirements for 2019 will be published by the end of September.
Kindly note that there are no undergraduate or Bachelor’s level studies available in English at the University of Eastern Finland. Undergraduate studies are offered in Finnish only.
Please see how to apply. There are changes in the admission process for 2018 as our university no longer partners with University Admissions Finland in Helsinki.
Application period for studies starting in autumn 2018 has closed.
- Biology of Environmental Change, Joensuu (new)
- Biology of Environmental Change, Kuopio (new)
- Biomedicine (BioMed), Kuopio
- Border Crossings: Global and Local Societies in Transition, Joensuu
- Early Language Education for Intercultural Communication, Joensuu
- English Language and Culture, Joensuu
- Environmental Health and Technology, Kuopio (new)
- Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change: MDP in Environmental Policy and Law, Joensuu
- European Forestry (Erasmus Mundus), Joensuu
- Forestry (CBU) , Joensuu
- General Toxicology, Kuopio
- Information Technology (IMPIT), Joensuu
- Innovation Management, Kuopio
- International Business and Sales Management, Kuopio
- Learning, Teaching and Counselling in Intercultural Context, Joensuu
- Linguistic Sciences, Joensuu
- Medical Physics, Kuopio
- Photonics, Joensuu
- Public Health (MPH), Kuopio
- Research Chemists, Joensuu
- Tourism Marketing and Management, Joensuu
- Wood Materials Science, Joensuu