List of Master's degree programmes by application period
For students having completed a Bachelor's degree, the University of Eastern Finland offers a wide variety of Master's degree programmes taught in English. Most of the programmes offer courses that are also open to exchange and visiting students. Browse through these pages to learn more about what we offer!
Master's degree programmes - applications are to be submitted to University Admissions Finland (UAF).
Application period for September 2017 intake has closed. The next application period for September 2018 intake will start at the end of this year. New admission requirements for 2018 intake will be published in October on studyinfo.fi portal and on the programme websites.
Kindly note that there are no undergraduate or Bachelor’s level studies available in English at the University of Eastern Finland. Undergraduate studies are offered in Finnish only.
Please see how to apply. There will be changes in the admission process for 2018. We will update new information during the springtime.
Application period for studies starting in autumn 2017 has closed.
- Biomedicine (BioMed), Kuopio
- Border Crossings: Global and Local Societies in Transition, Joensuu
- Early Language Education for Intercultural Communication, Joensuu
- English Language and Culture, Joensuu
- Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change: MDP in Environmental Policy and Law, Joensuu
- European Forestry (Erasmus Mundus), Joensuu
- Forestry (CBU) , Joensuu
- General Toxicology, Kuopio
- Information Technology (IMPIT), Joensuu
- Innovation Management, Kuopio
- International Business and Sales Management, Kuopio
- International Economic and Resources Law: MDP in Law, Joensuu
- Learning, Teaching and Counselling in Intercultural Context, Joensuu (former MDP in Educational Sciences)
- Linguistic Sciences, Joensuu
- Photonics, Joensuu
- Public Health (MPH), Kuopio
- Research Chemists, Joensuu
- Tourism Marketing and Management, Joensuu (new)
- Wood Materials Science, Joensuu
Next intake for 2018
- Medical Physics, Kuopio