List of Master's degree programmes by application period
For students having completed a Bachelor's degree, the University of Eastern Finland offers a wide variety of Master's degree programmes taught in English. Most of the programmes offer courses that are also open to exchange and visiting students. Browse through these pages to learn more about what we offer!
Master's degree programmes
Application period for September 2019 has ended. Next application period for 2020 intake will begin at the end of this year. Admission requirements for 2019 are published on studyinfo.fi portal and on the programme websites.
Kindly note that there are no undergraduate or Bachelor’s level studies available in English at the University of Eastern Finland. Undergraduate studies are offered in Finnish only.
Please see how to apply. Should you have any questions about completing your application, please contact our admissions office, admissions[at]uef.fi.
Application period for studies starting in autumn 2019 is now closed.
- Biology of Environmental Change, Joensuu
- Biology of Environmental Change, Kuopio
- Biomedicine (BioMed), Kuopio
- Early Language Education for Intercultural Communication, Joensuu
English Language and Culture, Joensuu
European Forestry (Erasmus Mundus), Joensuu
General Toxicology, Kuopio
Information Technology (IMPIT), Joensuu
Innovation Management, Kuopio
- Linguistic Data Sciences, Joensuu
- Medical Physics, Kuopio
- Photonics, Joensuu
- Public Health (MPH), Kuopio
- Research Chemists, Joensuu
- Tourism Marketing and Management, Joensuu
- Wood Materials Science, Joensuu
Master's degree programmes - information on how to apply on the programme websites
- Clinical Linguistics, Joensuu
Coordinator: Juuso Loikkanen
- Colour in Science and Industry (COSI), Joensuu
Coordinator: Oili Kohonen
- Joint Nordic Master Programme in Environmental Law (NOMPEL)
Coordinator: Hanna Partinen
- Primary Education (commissioned), Joensuu