The brain tissue of persons with alcohol dependence shows a variety of changes compared to non-alcoholic control persons. All alcoholics’ brains share some characteristics, but some are exclusive to the brain tissue of anxiety-prone type 1 alcoholics or impulsive type 2 alcoholics, according to a...
SMART SCIENCE BY SMART PEOPLE
At UEF, interdisciplinarity is not something we do, it's who we are. We seek to be number one in Finland when it comes to academic learning environments. We offer first-class education that is bound to make a difference.
UEF // VIDEOS
UEF // NEWS
- Academy of Finland project seeks new treatments for age-related macular degeneration (28.04.2016)
- International project to develop ways of reducing transmission of infectious diseases in transport hubs (28.04.2016)
- SciFest boasts record number of new workshops (27.04.2016)
- Tekes funding for commercialisation of valuable wood chemicals (27.04.2016)
- Distinguished scholars in health sciences to visit UEF (26.04.2016)
UEF // Events
- 29 Apr Dissertation, MA Maria Kok (Finnish Language), Joensuu
- 29 April Dissertation, MSc Ashik Jawahar Deen (Cell Biology), Kuopio
- 29 Apr Dissertation, MSc Techn Elisa Kallioniemi (Applied Physics), Kuopio
- 6 May Dissertation, MA Petri Haapa (Education), Savonlinna
- 11.-13.5. Music, Ageing, Technology symposium, Joensuu