Metabolic equivalents of task are confounded by adiposity, which disturbs objective measurement of physical activity
The use of standard metabolic equivalents of task (MET) in assessing the amount and intensity of physical activity can cause analytical hazards, according to a recent mini review. Physical activity refers any bodily movements produced by skeletal muscles that expends energy. Hence the amount...
SMART SCIENCE BY SMART PEOPLE
At UEF, interdisciplinarity is not something we do, it's who we are. We seek to be number one in Finland when it comes to academic learning environments. We offer first-class education that is bound to make a difference.
UEF // VIDEOS
UEF // NEWS
- Janet Anand appointed Professor of International Social Work at the UEF (21.08.2015)
- Metabolic equivalents of task are confounded by adiposity, which disturbs objective measurement of physical activity (19.08.2015)
- Somali identity is multidimensional (06.08.2015)
- UEF’s new international study programmes brochure now available (04.08.2015)
- University of Eastern Finland succeeded in Center for World University Rankings (20.07.2015)
UEF // Events
- 1-3 Sept Finland-Japan Joint Symposium on Optics in Engineering, Joensuu
- 2 September Opening Ceremony at Joensuu Campus
- 3 Sept Guest Lecture “Analyzing large call data records for tackling Public Health issues” Professor Gayo Diallo
- 3 September Opening Ceremony at Kuopio Campus
- 4 Sept Dissertation, MSc Miguel Fabra-Crespo (Forest policy), Joensuu
UEF // RECOMMENDS
- Hello future – Study at UEF
Our new international study programmes brochure now available.
- Fresh from the Press - Read the latest UEF Bulletin
- Kuopio Campus witnessed largest doctoral conferment ceremony yet.Read more!