Persons who have had bronchiolitis in early childhood have an increased risk of asthma at the age of 28–31 and a weaker health-related quality of life than their peers. In lung function tests, they also demonstrate changes indicative of irreversible airway obstruction, according to a new study...
SMART SCIENCE BY SMART PEOPLE
At UEF, interdisciplinarity is not something we do, it's who we are. We seek to be number one in Finland when it comes to academic learning environments. We offer first-class education that is bound to make a difference.
UEF // VIDEOS
UEF // NEWS
- US Ambassador to Finland visited University of Eastern Finland (20.11.2015)
- Rector Jukka Mönkkönen receives 2015 Albert Wuokko Award (13.11.2015)
- Companies involved in promoting young people's interest in science (11.11.2015)
- Significant Horizon 2020 funding for testing cell therapy in stroke patients (11.11.2015)
- UEF's CIMET programme evaluated as best in Spain (11.11.2015)
UEF // Events
- 26 Nov Dissertation, MSc Mahdieh Sattari (Mathematics), Joensuu
- 26 Nov Visiting lecture by Professor Inari Kursula: Illuminating the malaria parasite gliding motor using hybrid structural biology, Joensuu
- 27 Nov Dissertation, MSc Markus Stocker (Environmental Science), Kuopio
- 28 Nov Dissertation, MSc Sofia Sousa (Biopharmacy), Kuopio
- 3 Dec Dissertation, MSc Mikhail Kuklin (Chemistry), Joensuu
UEF // RECOMMENDS
- Hello future – Study at UEF
Our new international study programmes brochure now available.
- We promote sustainable development UEF has given its Society's Commitment to Sustainable Development, committing to concrete measures that promote the achievement of national sustainable development goals.
- PhD theses at UEF Check out our latest doctoral dissertations