The European Research Council, ERC, awarded a grant of 2.45 million euros to Academy Professor Seppo Ylä-Herttuala in the Advanced Grants call geared towards top-level scholars. Working at the A.I. Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences of the University of Eastern Finland, Ylä-Herttuala is...
SMART SCIENCE BY SMART PEOPLE
At UEF, interdisciplinarity is not something we do, it's who we are. We seek to be number one in Finland when it comes to academic learning environments. We offer first-class education that is bound to make a difference.
UEF // VIDEOS
UEF // NEWS
- Academy Professor Seppo Ylä-Herttuala receives ERC Advanced Grant - for second time already (21.05.2015)
- Fulbright-Saastamoinen Foundation Grant speeded up development of safer deep brain stimulation (20.05.2015)
- Creating new Doctoral Conferment Ceremony traditions in Kuopio on 4-6 June 2015 (18.05.2015)
- Researchers discover new ways to shut down signals involved in brain diseases (15.05.2015)
- International Business and Sales Management programme attracted record number of applications (12.05.2015)
UEF // Events
- 21-22 May Seminar: Meeting with texts, Joensuu
- 22 May Guest lecture: Jyrki Pöysä: Travelling ideas: promises and problems, Joensuu
- 25 May Prof. David Cechetto: Experimental models of metabolic and vascular risk factors and Alzheimer disease. Seminar Series in Molecular Medicine, Kuopio
- 26 May Dissertation, MSc Dorota Kaminska (Clinical Nutrition), Kuopio
- 27 May Guest lecture: Dr. Kudzayi Ngara: Foreigners in Our Mist. Plans, invasions and spatial discord in Ivan Vladislavic’s the Folly, Joensuu